The Pet Edu-Tainer
Pet expert and best-selling author
Ho! Ho! Ho! We Unleash Holiday Gifts That Are Doggone Purr-fect!
With the help of her pet pal, Dana Humphrey, host Arden Moore plays Santa Paws in this very special episode that showcases nearly two dozen gift ideas for the favorite pet – or pet lover – in your life. The show also spotlights seven worthy causes for you to embrace the gift of giving. Special guest appearances by Katie Malatino of Canine Companions for Independence and Cathy Conheim, “pet scribe” for cat celebrity, Henry, the three-legged feline. Tune in for some grrrrr-eat gift ideas!
Questions or Comments? Send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TOP STOCKING STUFFERS:
- Wagging Tales: Every Animal Has a Tale by author and animal communicator Tim Link. www.wagging-tales.com.
- Designer silk scarves for you or your stylish pet by Lucky Paws Cakes 4 Claws. One black and one white with the word, LUCKY on them. www.luckypaws.biz.
TOP PET TOYS:
- Dog Tornado – an innovative pet puzzle created by Dr. Roger Mugford, acclaimed British animal psychologist and founder of The Company of Animals. www.companyofanimals.us.
- Ball of Furry Fury – a fun Play-N-Squeak interactive cat toy for feisty, energetic felines from Our Pets. www.ourpets.com.
TOP PET TREATS:
- Free Range Buckaroozä -- long-lasting chews for dogs made of marrow-rich antlers that have been naturally shed. www.freerangedogchews.com.
- Pork Chomps – bone-shaped treats made of natural, baked pork skin that come in bacon, peanut butter and pepperoni flavors. Won’t stain carpet. www.scottpet.com.
- Harrison’s Bake At Home certified-organic Dog Cookie Mix – This package contains everything you need to make lip-smacking, drool-causing cookies for your canine, including bone-shaped cookie cutters. www.harrisonspetproducts.com.
- Stella & Chew’sÒ Carnivore Kissesäand Carnivore Crunchädog treats -- These natural, freeze-dried treats contain no grain, antibiotics, artificial preservatives or colorings and come in a variety of flavors, including Angus beef, bison and duck. www.stellaandchewys.com
TOP CREATURE COMFORT GIFTS:
- Nano Pet Products –The Dog Gone Smartä Bed – This line of dog beds stay clean naturally thanks to nanotechnology, stand up to wear and tear and resistant to liquids, dirt and coat oil. www.doggonesmartbed.com.
- EzyDog Element Coatä -- This brand of harness coats for dogs comes in seven sizes and 6 designs. They are windproof, waterproof and fleece lined with quick-release side buckles and two zippered stash pouches. www.ezydog.com.
- Nano Pet Products - Dog Gone Smart Wear – These jackets stay clean naturally, reduce doggie odor and features adjustable neck and belly Velcro closures to adjust to proper fit. www.doggonesmartwear.com.
TOP SAFETY GIFTS:
- Pro Sport Canine First Aid Kit -- This must-have kit contains 90 items inside its sturdy, water-resistant, gate-hinged case. Items include a pen light, dog rehydration drink mix, skunk odor remover, pill gun, silver Mylar emergency blanket, spare leash and more. This kit also offers free one-year memberships to The Pet Protector unique pet ID tag, www.DogKits.com.
- Anti-Lick Strip Preventä from Nurtured Pets -- Constructed with all-natural, active ingredients including cayenne pepper, lemon powder, clove oil and oregano, these pet bandages deter pets from chewing or licking wounds to hasten the healing. www.nurturedpets.com
ON THE GO/TRAVEL GIFTS:
- EzyDog Cujoä25 – These shock-absorbing leashes with shock-absorbing hand grips are suited for medium to large dogs who pull firmly. A reflective strand spans the entire length of the leash to offer night-time visibility. Extensions are available to walk two dogs tangle-free on one leash. www.ezydog.com.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS GIFTS:
- Trimline Veterinary Recovery Collar – This collar is flexible, soft, comfortable and effective for dogs and cats recovering from injuries or surgeries. Pets are able to easily eat, drink, sleep and play while wearing these collars. www.trimlineinc.com.
- Fresh Fill – No one likes odors of any kind. Fresh Fill is your answer. Made of non-toxic volcanic rock, it attracts and absorbs all types of odors. www.freshfillproducts.com.
- Zoological Education Network’s line of Healx pet products – Safe, natural and effective, the line of Healx products bring out the best in your pet. Products include Healx Soother Plus Cream, Healx Booster and Healx Sunshine Factor. www.heal-x.com.
BEST NEW PRODUCTS:
- Critter Cooler – Cleverly designed and easy to use, the Critter Cooler comes in three sizes and provides cool, clean water outdoors for your pets. www.crittercooler.com.
- Lucky Paws Cakes 4 Claws – Party 2 Go – Heeding its motto of “take it, bake it and let the party begin!” this product contains everything you need to bake a doggy cake. A party hat and invitations are included. www.luckypaws.biz
GIVE THE GIFT OF GIVING FOR THESE WORTHY PET CAUSES:
- Canine Companions for Independence – Since 1975, this non-profit group has provided highly-trained assistance dogs to people with disabilities. Check out its website for gift ideas, including books on Trixie by best-selling author Dean Koontz at www.cci.org.
- Henry the 3-legged cat – An injury cost this tabby a front paw, but with the help of his “pet scribe” Cathy Conheim, Henry’s lessons on life are aiding people and pets worldwide. His canine sister, Dolly (a black Poodle) is also an author. Learn more about their giving ways at www.henrysworld.org.
- Ricochet, a “surf-ice” dog and his pet parent, Judy Fridono are spearheading Surfin’ Santa Paws toy drive to benefit San Diego area children hospitals. Send an unwrapped new toy or donation to: Surfin for Paws-abilities, 306-N West El Norte Parkway, #47, Escondido, CA 92026 or email Judy Fridono at email@example.com.
- Friends of Humane Society de Tijuana – This group’s mission is to improve conditions for animals living in the Mexican and U.S. communities that border Tijuana. Learn more by visiting www.friendsofhstj.org.
- Morris Animal Foundation – This non-profit group sponsors research to benefit the lives of pets, animals and wildlife. Visit their site to see some gift ideas in which the product manufacturers are donating a portion of their proceeds to the MAF at www.morrisanimalfoundation.org.
- I’m Tired Of Hungry Animals campaign – Buy one of its $10 bracelets and this group donates 10 bowls of food given to needy animal shelters. Learn more by visiting www.ImTiredOnline.com.
- American Humane Association – Its mission is to prevent cruelty, abuse, neglect and exploitation of children and animals. Visit its site to see personalized gift cards, jewelry and more at www.americanhumane.org.
Transcript will be available shortly.